Thursday 27 December 2012

Movies of 2012


Inspired by Ray's posting, here are my top 10 (plus 1) movies of the year. These are films I watched this year, rather than those released in 2012:
 
  
Dreams of a Life
This documentary has stayed me with ever since I saw it. It is a gripping and very emotional film, which I highly recommend. I wrote a blog posting on this film as I was so impressed.
  
Skyfall
A great thriller and a wonderful Bond film.
  
The Muppets
A film where you smile all the way through, especially if you are of a certain age.
  
The Descendants
Watched on a plane, but still obviously a top drama.
  
Ted
If you like Family Guy, you'll like this. Crude, silly and very funny.
  
Hugo
I well acted and visually stunning movie. 
  
Heartbreaker
Funny French movie about an expert brought in to break up relationships.
  
The Awakening
A minor horror overlooked by everybody it seems. 
  
Bolt
Simple, funny animation.
  
Had to be a top 11 in the end as I couldn't decide between these two:
  
The Help
A film that showed that parts of mid 20th century USA were rather racist places and many people didn't even realise it!
    
The Artist
So much has been written about this already.
  

1 comment:

  1. A good, interesting post, Stephen. Reminds me of at least a couple of gems I missed out on (particularly your first-mentioned film) though also taking heart in the fact that we agree about a handful of them.

    ReplyDelete