Tuesday 8 January 2013

1000 and out

On the 6th of June 2008, I started this blog. My aim in 2008 was to rant about how society had failed and things that annoy me in life, but it became far more than that. I had joined a small community within a larger blog community and have enjoyed posting anything and everything ever since.
 
So here we are 1000 blog posts later and my enthusiasm has waned somewhat.  Reader numbers plateaued a while ago and comments dried up. Much of this is my own fault as I have not been commenting on others blogs that I do read regularly which tends to draw other people in. But I also feel that the Blogger model, and therefore the way I blog, has come to an end.
 
Blogger has lost it's way, missing out on the interactivity that other services offer such as easier ways to reblog, linking with link-minded bloggers, sharing of ideas and providing feedback.
 
I have therefore decided to mothball this blog with this 1000th post and start again elsewhere. So you can continue to read my ramblings if you wish, but the style and content may be different. I may be back, but I don't see a reason to at the moment.
 
The new blog can be found here.
  
 
So long and thanks for all the fish.

2 comments:

  1. Oodles of good luck on your new blog. See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi wow 1,000 posts well done! I think I'm on 400 and somet. I do blog often, but not as often as you it seems. Looking forward to continuing to read on the new blog.

    Ha ha love that film...soo long...soo long and thanks for all the fish.

    Antony

    ReplyDelete