Sunday 28 September 2008

Time Out 40 Years

Time Out is 40 years old this week (starting in London and then going global). Despite not going to many events in London, I have always enjoyed reading it. But I was shocked and a little disappointed when I read the Time Out 40 Years special edition this week.

I am no prude (just look at my favourites on Explorer), but I found the statement on page 118 in an article about Pete Townsend - "…had Paul Weller wanking himself dry for days…” to be in extremely bad taste. Time Out is not a 'lads mag' or the 'Sunday Sport', so why drag it down to their very low gutter level?

Time Out has set standards that few magazines have or will ever reach, so why ruin that legacy with such poor editorial judgement?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephen, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm sure your pasta dish was delicious! Happy blogging :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete