Friday 26 June 2009

RIP MJ

I have been in Edinburgh all week attending a team meeting and various other sessions. It was tiring and only partially productive, especially considering the expense.

I was going to have a rant about Luton airport and Easyjet, but such petty comments were overshadowed by the news of Michael Jackson's death, which filtered through late last night. Despite not being a fan, you can't deny that some of his songs were brilliant. As we know, he was dogged by personal and financial problems in recent years and I hope that we can remember his music rather than rumours and his plastic surgery decisions.

A proper posting will follow tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I'm not a great Jackson fan either, but I do acknowledge his showmanship and musical prowess. Now brace yourself for the documentaries, books, interviews, TV mini-series, "friends of...", and rows about the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ's death, as sad as it is, seems to overshadowed pretty much everything that is far more news worthy, such as Iran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above statements.

    Even for someone considered by many to be iconic, the reporting is way over the top through all channels - even the Today programme on Radio 4.

    I also question the decision to fly Emily Maitlis to Los Angeles to report on it!

    ReplyDelete