In yesterdays Sunday Times, they had a list of 500 recommended iPhone and Android apps. This supplement was part one in a two part series.
There were some excellent inclusions, some I which I already knew and some great new ones - all of these are free for the iPhone:
- Tweetdeck... Link Twitter, Facebook and more under one roof.
- Sky Sports Live Football Scores... It does what it says on the tin really.
- Redlaser... Allows you to take a photo of a barcode and then the system will show how much the item is online.
- Wikitude... Using the GPS, the system checks out lots of sites to find local information.
- Dragon dictator... You talk and the app converts to text. I may write the next blog entry using it.
- Evernote... A personal fave of mine. A place to store ideas and sync with laptop, iPhone etc so that you can always access the information.
- Gun Bros... Addictive shoot 'em up game.
There were some weird apps too, such as an app to tell you which mushrooms are safe to eat. I was a little surprised to see gay hookup app Grindr on the list.