Sunday 26 February 2012

Q2 - February 2012

Welcome to 'The Question'... a single question to be answered by bloggers on the same day, with the aim of sparking some conversation, debate and shared experiences on various blogs around the world. If you choose to answer The Question, please add your link to my page and therefore, I hope that responses will then be compared.


The question this month is:

What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given? 






The best piece of advice I received was when I was at college. A lecturer told us: "If you try your best and fail... then you are a failure".
 
This advice may sound a little flippant, but it's worth remembering. Yes, there are times when it just can't apply, but if you need to achieve something, perhaps your self-imposed best wont be enough.  In that case, you need to take a different tack; or even admit that you will fail!
  
In my "career" (I use that term loosely) I have had to take many exams. In fact, I've had to pass specific exams to keep two jobs. Doing my best might have been enough, but I couldn't afford to fail. Therefore, I worked hard and took various approaches to ensure I covered as many bases as possible.

And when I have failed in life, I have considered the advice again and wondered if I really did my best?

The advice can't be taken too seriously, but I like to keep it in mind when I need to achieve a positive result. I don't want fail, who does?! So make sure you know what it takes to succeed.
 

1 comment: