Monday 5 March 2012

March movie update

Here are the films that Pete and I have received from Lovefilm.com and watched on TV and DVD over the past few months in reverse order, with my ratings out of ten from my movie list on the IMDB.

Takes some concentration, but a pretty good spy thriller. Not as good as I was expecting - when you analyse it, there isn't actually much of a story.
  
Thoroughly depressing and shocking in the end, but very well acted and gripping. It kept me on the edge of my seat.
    
A good romcom... whatever next?!
  
Saboteur (1942) 6
Classic Hitchcock, but I felt the story was a bit silly in places.
  
Dull, boring, nothing happens. Nice scenery though.
  
Drive (2011) 7
A favourite film from last year for many people. Violent and well made, but it was not overly special for me.
   
Not quite as good as the first one, but impressive animation and good story anyway.
    
Heartbreaker (2010) 8
Funny French film about a professional Romeo employed to break up couples.
    
Tyrannosaur (2011) 1
The opening scene was unnecessary and we switched off. Could have been a great film, but the director completely misjudged that first minute.
   
Abduction (2011) 5
Taylor Lautner "acts" his way through a stupid "thriller".
   
Poor romcom. I don't understand how a good actor like Paul Rudd can make so many crap films.
    
I found this film very unsettling and was thinking about it for a few days. It's a story of brainwashing and selfish society.
    
Could have been funny, but the gaps in the story were way too big.
    
CGI obsessed film that appeared to be made just to set it up for a sequel. Stupid story and some awful acting, but quite watchable!
   
* Previously viewed.

4 comments:

  1. Tinker, Tailor....8
    We Need/Kevin....8
    Saboteur....7
    Drive....7
    Never Let Me Go....8
    Horrible Bosses....7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you didn't stick with Tyrannosaur. An incredible film with a stunning performance from Olivia Colman, previously known for Peep Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friendly Frank6 March 2012 at 06:47

    I've not seen many of these. I agree that Horrible Bosses could have been great, but it was like they run out of ideas.

    I found Drive too violent and struggled to understand what was happening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Feeling Inside - you are probably right about Tyrannosaur, but there was no way Pete was watching after that first minute. I could have carried on watching, but I did feel repulsed by that first scene.

    ReplyDelete