Saturday 31 March 2012

Wow what a week!

The stress of travelling back from France and then to Scotland in the same day was soon replaced by stress of a week training!
  
Sorry for the lack of entries this week, it really has been non-stop in Edinburgh.
   
I met two colleagues at Luton airport for the 9.20 flight last Sunday night and arrived at the hotel around 11.30.  And then began five full days of training.  I don't recall ever having training of any merit in 20 years, but my employer is fully behind SixSigma as a way to improve processes, save money and make more money.  The cost of running these courses and the follow up work is substantial, but the savings made so far are amazing - 1000's of times more than the cost of the course and employing staff to run them.
  
Although I am impressed with the SixSigma approach, my remote role within the company makes it less relevant.  I do intend running a 6 month project however and am currently thinking up ideas... though it's not easy.
  
Anyway, it's good to be home as I suffered from a lack of sleep this week.  It's just a hotel thing!  It was great to be back in my own bed last night!
  
Lots of blog entries to come...  restaurant reviews, pictures, some news on the French trip etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment