Thursday 11 December 2008

RIP Oliver Postgate

I read the sad news today that Oliver Postgate has died aged 83. For readers not in the UK and for many younger readers, the name may not mean much.

However, he created many of the TV programmes that I enjoyed when I was small (and secretly love catching on the kids channels today). Two that bring back great memories are
Ivor the Engine and The Clangers (I have a Clanger sitting next to my TV at this moment in time). However, my favourite has always been Bagpuss. I have seen every episode! For those who missed out on this classic series, I pity you.

Thanks Oliver, for so much.

2 comments:

  1. Aw - I suppose we all have to go - it just reminds me that time isn't standing still. (I loved Ivor the Engine, and the Soup Dragon too - a gentler time?)
    I look forward to reading your previous posts soon.
    Gurney =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sound the Soup Dragon made is still fresh in my memory 30odd years later!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete