Friday 15 May 2009

Eurovision cometh

The 54th Eurovision Song Contest is on Saturday night. This used to be an event that I really looked forward to - silly, camp, a few awful songs, some crazy people, even some good songs - but in recent years the voting has ruined the whole evening and I haven't watched it much for a number of years, other than to get annoyed at the voting.

Voting should be based on the quality of the song and that is no longer the case. Groups of countries vote for each other at every opportunity and for me, it ruins what should be a fun evening. Perhaps this year will be different with a new voting system, so I will give it a chance.

Let me say that I have always been wrong about every Eurovision prediction I have ever made and an example would be the winner 2 years ago when the dullest of songs won and I had dismissed it as crap. Therefore, everything I say about the songs should probably be ignored.

The year, I think our song is very boring (though is better than some years), despite having a great singer representing us, it lacks a "hook" and a beat and that's what grabs the attention. I have always been wrong about every Eurovision prediction I have ever made, but I think we will finish near the bottom again, but not as low as the last few years.

Despite that fact that I have always been wrong about every Eurovision prediction I have ever made, I believe that the ex-Yugoslavian countries will vote for each other even if the songs are terrible.

I have always been wrong about every Eurovision prediction I have ever made, but I am sure that Iceland will give Denmark 12 points and vice-versa.

France will give the UK nothing and Turkey will not vote for Greece - I say this in the knowledge that I have always been wrong about every Eurovision prediction I have ever made.

Enjoy the show!!!

For someone who knows more about Eurovision than I do, go to this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo... endorsement!! I am very flattered. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete