Further to my previous posting, here are selected entries from the list featured in GQ - some clever, some thoughtful and some witty thoughts. Copyright Police, come and get me!
1. Money spent on dental work and travel is never wasted. Plan to die with good teeth and great memories.
2. You can skip anal sex and bondage, but you should try a threesome at least once. Expect a large part of it to be someone staring out of a window. Probably you.
3. Never hit a woman, a child, an animal or a man who is incapable of breaking your jaw.
4. Never hit anyone you are not prepared to keep hitting.
5. Good manners are important. There is never an excuse for rudeness. The quality of a life is largely about small human transactions, and politeness makes human existence bearable.
6. You will sometimes fail. There will never be a point in your life when you are too successful, too old or too wise to fail. Expect failure and let it put steel into your soul. Be made strong by your failures and be made grateful by your success. Like night and day, both will surely come to every life.
7. If you and your woman/man have loud arguments, then you are with the wrong woman/man.
8. Learn which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn.
9. Never walk past someone selling The Big Issue without buying a copy. It’s not charity, it’s a job.
10. When possible, get there by walking.
11. If you do not have regular orgasms, you will die. When the coming stops, the breathing is never far behind.
12. Love your work. Try to make your great passion and what you do for a living impossible to tell apart. This will make for a happy life.
13. Strain every fibre of your being to resist hating someone you once loved.
14. Stun them with your talent. Dazzle them with your genius. Never be half-hearted. Never be lukewarm. Attempt to knock every ball out of the park.
15. Happiness will come and go- the important thing is to recognize when it is here.