Saturday 26 November 2011

My boy

I came across this very old picture a couple of days ago by accident. My cat was called Gnasher (he used to bite a lot as a kitten hence the name) and we had him for about 14 years. He died 9 years ago.

He was delivered to us late one night along with his sister Miff. They were only a couple of weeks old and the nasty owner was considering something horrible for them. My brother made the decision to take them straight away. We placed the tiny kittens with our two Golden Retrievers and they were inseparable from that moment on. I often wondered if the cats thought that they might be dogs themselves.

Gnasher loved people and would come when called every time. He was a great cat and a wonderful pet to come home to. His sister was aloof and did her own thing!

I still miss him.  Silly eh?!
  



3 comments:

  1. Not silly at all. Just natural and beautiful. I'd have fallen hook, line and sinker for Gnasher too.
    (And as I type this I've got a loudly-purring ginger pussy in my lap, pounding his paws against my arm, an intermittent visitor from somewhere in the near neighbourhood.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cat...
    No, I don't think it's silly, not at all...

    ReplyDelete