Monday 20 September 2010

Pieces of paper

On Sunday, Pete and I spent the day in Cambridge with a series of events linked by bits of paper...

Piece 1 - A postit note featuring the scrawl "Grafham Road" which is a place in Cambridge where you can park free on Sunday that was typed into the Satnav.  Traffic and parking in Cambridge is a nightmare, which is why we usually get the train.  On arrival we went shopping.

Piece 2 - Printout of the cinema tickets we had purchased online.  We went to see Scott Pilgrim vs. the World which is a crazy film.  I think I enjoyed it, but I'm still not sure!  A few funny lines though when Scott is talking to his 17 years old girlfriend...

Knives Chau:  I've never even kissed a guy before.
Scott Pilgrim:  Hey... me neither.

 
Piece 3 - A Google map showing the walking route from the cinema to Ask restaurant.

Piece 4 - A voucher for Ask that provided us with a three course meal for £12.95 each.  Bargain!

Piece 5 - Printout as proof of purchase to pick up tickets to see Barenaked Ladies at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.

The gig was excellent, as always, and they didn't miss Steven Page who left the group a while back too much.  They played a lot of their rockier songs and a great time was had by all.  The old Corn Exchange is a strange venue that I am sure could suck the atmosphere from lesser groups. 


In the next blog posting, I will continue the series of 'top tracks' with a rundown of my favourite BNL songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment