In Monocle magazine this month, they had a list of "Things to improve your life". Now, being Monocle, they included silly things like: An island, a prosciutto slicer, good posture, special fancy blankets and a meal at some restaurant in Japan. The list is just a bit too aspirational and unrealistic apart from a few items, so I thought I would start my own and ask for your comments to add to it.
Having thought of a few things, it appears to me that many of mine would fall into the category of: things I can have confidence in. So here is my first take on a list of "Things to improve your life":
1. Really appreciate good health when you have it.
2. A favourite restaurant and/or bar you can almost feel at home at.
3. A song or album that you love and no-one else you know has ever heard of it.
4. Perfectly fitting pants.
5. A favourite joke to share.
6. A porn star that you can rely on.
7. Truly local and fresh fruit and vegetables.
8. At least 3 meals you can cook brilliantly.
9. A readily available snack in the cupboard.
10. Do a regular clear out and give to charity.
11. A local place to buy freshly baked bread.
12. BBC Radio 4.
13. Ability to play one entertaining and impressive thing on a musical instrument.
14. An easy interesting route that you can walk anytime to clear your mind.
15. A good coffee maker.
16. Change your routine regularly, especially the route to work.
17. Three months salary saved for an emergency.
18. Turning off the television and having a conversation.
19. Quality shirts that fit well.
20. Write down 3 things at the end of every day that were simply good that day.
Your comments and feedback are especially welcome on this posting.