Tuesday 28 June 2011

Barenaked again

I have been in London all day today at The Gherkin and am struggling to keep my eyes open now!

Last night Pete and I attended a gig by Barenaked Ladies - as previously mentioned, it was the second show by them in two days due to the freebie tickets in Hyde Park! And what a great show it was. Considering it was their 4th show in four days(!) - I was very impressed at their musicianship and humour. They really do seem to love what they do. The venue was The Koko next to Mornington Crescent tube - not somewhere I have been before. It must have been an old music hall and the layout helped build a buzzing atmosphere.

So we got home and to bed around midnight. I need far more than 6 hours sleep!

Here is a video I made, not of one of their well known tracks and not with the usual singer, Ed. The keyboard player/guitarist (Kev) had unusually spent the whole show at the back of the stage and the others had sarcastically commented on that, hence his statement at the start of the clip.

And the next gig is on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. What does he say at the start???

    ReplyDelete
  2. He says "now who's at the front, eh fuckers?!"

    ReplyDelete