Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy new year

Doesn't time fly?!  I cant believe we have made it to 2011.  

Last night was a bit sad.  I felt so ill and tired, I went to bed at 10pm and missed any New Years Eve fun.  I don't think the pills have helped and the man flu is now sitting in my head and also on my chest.  I will book the doctors on Tuesday I think.  To try and clear some crap from my head, today Pete and I went for a nice long walk in the rain across some beautiful countryside.  We are now back home in the warm and he's playing Mario on the Wii and pulling some faces as he plays.  I'm sure that Mario was designed by guys on hard drugs - it's a mad world.

I am not going to make lots of resolutions like last year as I get depressed at looking at them, so here are a few general items to consider over the coming year...

- I am not going to bother with people who aren't bothered with me.
- I am going to invite more people to our home for meals and local nights out too.
- The garage conversion will get finished... in time.
- In April, I will consider my career options (there are good reasons to wait until then)
- I will stop making lists.  Doh!


The next 5 on the fifth is coming soon, so get snapping.


And finally, happy birthday Robin Betts.

2 comments:

  1. It's weird to think that we are actually living in this weird numbered year 2011....isn't it? Here's to a healthy safe and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to still have your blog bookmarked ... and to be able to find resonance with a like mind and spirit.

    adding to my 2011 list: i resolve to read u more.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete