Friday 31 August 2012

Desert Island Discs - Song 8

Welcome to my Desert Island Discs. I have opted for a different approach to many people; I have divided my life roughly into 8 and picked a track for each period.
   
Here is song number eight of my Desert Island Discs:
  
Soul Meets Body by Death Cab For Cutie
    
So we reach the final 8th of my life so far...
  
Finding new music is strangely difficult in this ipod age - when you mainly listen to your favourites as they are readily available.  But I have selected a song by Death Cab For Cutie called Soul Meets Body that I heard on a Podcast a couple of years ago. I can't usually judge a song on the first listen, but I liked this immediately. It comes from their album Plans which has many great tracks and I recommend it. Their early albums are a little less accessible though. 
  

1 comment:

  1. Was fearing that this would be another choice to confirm that the world is just passing me by, but it's actually quite likeable. Nice video too.

    Okay, you're not finished yet. Your book and your luxury?

    ReplyDelete