Tuesday 19 July 2011

A conversation with... #2

A long time ago, Andrew and I took a Facebook conversation and shared it with the world.  It seemed to work, so here we go again...


SC - The perfect man...

AB - I think the concept of the The Perfect Man, or indeed, The Perfect Person is deeply flawed. No one is ever going to be perfect.

SC - Indeed, but what about Perfectland where everything is perfect - what do the guys look like?
AB - Hmmm… I suspose they would look like they'd just walked off the set of Kylie's Aphrodite Les Folies show. Which probably betrays an element of body fascism in me.
SC - Its the only good fascism! Despite the fact the Abercrombie & Fitch shop floor helpers are employed because they have good genes, they are a welcome sight in their shops.

AB - Good Fascism?! Hmmm... I've never been to an A&F. Have tried going into Hollister twice but just find it too weird!

SC - Hollister is a strange place - you cant actually see the stock it's so dark. That makes me sound old! A&F is better, though there you have to sometimes shout to be heard over the music!

AB - I was thinking I sounded old complaining about Hollister - and that was without mentioning the music! Or the ridiculous facades. But this is in danger of turning into an edition of Grumpy Old Men...

SC - At what age do you become old and grumpy? I quite enjoy complaining about things!

AB - So what's your favourite thing to complain about!

SC - People! I despair of society sometimes - the selfishness of people saddens me.

AB - Yes but not everyone is like that - or like that all the time. For example, the British public, through various means, raised £102m for Comic Relief this year, at a time of apparent austerity.  I think we should be positive and celebrate the good as well as attack the bad.

SC - You are correct of course, but when I see individual acts of selfishness, I get pretty angry!

AB - Perhaps we should get you some anger management courses!

No comments:

Post a Comment