Wednesday 13 July 2011

Tetro

We watched a very interesting film last night called Tetro.  Filmed mainly in black and white, it's about two American brothers reunited in Buenos Aires after many years apart. One brother has some 'issues' and his little brother (there are 18 years between them) wants to get to know the brother he once idolised.

The style is often moody and dark, but it's a fascinating film (I give it 8 out of 10).  If you like Almodovar films, this is very similar in terms of storyline and action.  The obvious difference is that Almodovar loves vivid colours.

The film was written, produced and directed by Francis Ford Coppola and I am surprised that I missed the release in 2009.  The younger brother is played by Alden Ehreneich who is pretty cute.




5 comments:

  1. Not QUITE with you here, Stephen. I saw it last year but even with the prompt of the above stills I can recall only a little about it. But the decider is that immediately on my return home I gave it a 5.5/10 (Sorry about the 1/2 point.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raybeard, you surprise me. I thought that this would be right up your street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Stephen, there's 'nowt so queer as folk' ;-) - always unpredictable!

    Btw Since posting my comment I've felt a twinge of guilt in that I seem to be undermining what you say in your blog, which is THE important one and which your blog-readers will want to focus on. It's a bad habit of mine which needs corrective action. Hmmmm, let me see now.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raybeard - I cherish your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that, Stephen, but I do have a tendency to go OTT. on other people's blogs. On one's own blog it's fine to let it all out, but I don't think it's fair for me to, erm, queer someone else's pitch. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete